Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Facebook Has Killed the Blog

I have resigned from Facebook. I realized I was getting absolutely nothing done and had nothing to show for all the time I spent spying on the details of all my virtual friends' lives. So I quit. Cold Turkey. Tiff didn't think I really could, but she was wrong. But now I'm sad because I'm realizing that all my friends that used to blog no longer are. They're all posting one line statements of what they're doing on FB. So, there you have it. Video killed the radio star, and Facebook killed the blog. RIP.

-Jon

4 comments:

Oregon Robot said...

Facebook has been trying really hard to kill my blog, too. I've been keepingit alive artificially by feeding it lots and lots of links, but I don't know if I can take it off of life support yet.
But, really, some of my favorite blogs are link clearinghouses...so...we'll see how long I can sustain it by doing that.

Ron said...

facebook may kill the blog, but clog may kill facebook

Jon N said...

Don't forget Twitter. It is a major blog killer.

Tim Jensen said...

Have fate Jon, they will be back, im resigning from FB too. To much time consuming. But there is a huge differense between FB and blogging. FB started out as a network mostly between people you used to know in the past and people you know now in RL, and mosly of the first part dont give a d... about what your are blogging about. But we do, because we share the same business and do understand your blogs.

FB wil die within a year, us internet heavy users are done with FB and the critical mass will follow as they always do. There is a reason why we dont spend time today on all the people we knew in the past, i guess we just needed a reminder.

So cheer up :-)