Monday, September 15, 2008

The Company Cares

To set the record straight, Hurricane Ike came nowhere near Austin. We didn't even get a drop of rain. Not one. The only ramifications that we had to deal with were refugees from Houston living in the hotels and schools, and a slight, pleasant wind in the 5-6 MPH range. Apparently, the word didn't get to our corporate headquarters either because when I got to work today, I had an email asking me to do a physical confirmation of all the employees in the Austin office. When I walked around to make sure, everyone laughed at me. I somehow knew they would, but I couldn't tell my disconnected corporate overlords that I had done it if I hadn't, and I also knew that any attempts to explain our lack of Hurricane Ike would fall on deaf ears. In the end, it was easier to just do the pointless task so the checklist could be completed. Sometimes Corporate America drives me crazy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Ike didn't affect you (aside from your debacle at work). It is good to know they care, though, doesn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

I mean, "Isn't it?"

Ron said...

Better the frivolity that accompanies nothing than the contrary of stark realities.....